Snow Blower, also known as Snow Thrower is a mechanical tool which is used to clear the snow from driveway, sidewalk, roadway, railroad track, ice rink, or runway. As the name suggests everyone thinks that ‘Snow Blower’ clears the snow by blowing the air but the actual thing is different. Instead of clearing the snow by blowing the air, snow blower uses an auger or impeller or electric power/battery, or a gasoline or diesel engine to throw the snow from one place to another place. Therefore, Snow Blower is used to withstand the harsh and heavy winters. There is a wide range of varieties or models in snow blower i.e. from very small to very large machines are available in the market. Not only the outer appearance but also the capacity of snow blower will also vary for different models. That is, the small snow blower is capable of clearing few inches of snow whereas the large ones are capable of clearing heavy snow (generally up to 6 feet).
As there are many models in the market, you need to know which one is the best for you. Though every snow blower moves the snow in a short span of time, each one has its unique features. So, before deciding which one is the best for you, you must know the features of each model along with its pros and cons. Here, in this post, we have listed the Top 10 Snow Blower and also we have discussed the features of each one in detail. Along with the product description, you can also find the pros and cons of it. It is important to observe certain things in any snow blower before buying it. We have also provided the information regarding the things that need to be considered before buying the snow blower. Using this info, you can clearly conclude which one is best for you. Check the complete information of the Best Snow Blower in detail.
Best Snow Blower – Things to Consider Before Buying It
While choosing a Best Snow Blower, you should look for few things and also some important features in it. After a lot of research, we have gathered some information related to the things that need to be considered before making the purchase.
Type of Snow Blower – Gas or Electric
Do you want a Gas Snow Blower or an Electric Snow Blower? First of all, you need to choose the one appropriate for you. And, before choosing you must know the difference between the two and here it is. A Gas Snow Blower is usually more powerful and gives better performance when compared with other devices. You don’t have cords for the gas snow blower. Simply, you just need to supply the gasoline whenever required. But the only thing is the maintenance of the gas snow blower is a bit harder when compared to the electric snow blower. When it comes to the maintenance of an Electric Snow Blower it is easier and most importantly it is environmentally friendly. But performance wise electric snow blower is slower than the gas snow blower. Mostly, some of them choose an electric snow blower because it is easy to operate.
Snow Blower – Single Stage or Two Stage
Generally, snow blowers are available in a single stage and two stage. Mostly, single stage snow blower is used for small tasks whereas two-stage snow blower is used for larger areas. A single stage snow blower is capable of clearing the small amount of snow. And, a two-stage snow blower can easily clear a large amount of snow even on uneven terrains. Now, you should choose either a single stage snow blower or two-stage snow blower based on your need.
Another important thing that you need to observe is clearing width of a snow blower. Clearing width is a helpful factor which is used to learn the effectiveness, size and potential weight of a snow blower. In order to clear the smaller driveway or sidewalks, you will require a snow blower with 24-inch clearing width. And for larger driveway or sidewalks you will require a snow blower with 30-inch clearing width.
Based on engine size the power and performance of the snow blower will vary. After going through many reviews, we have concluded that snow blowers from around 200cc to 420cc engines are the best. Many of them use these engines because it offers more power and torque when compared with others. Engine size of 200cc to 400cc can easily drive the snow blower through severe depths and are most reliable. So, you must choose the snow blower which has the engine size of 200cc to 420cc.
Comfort and Handling
There are some features that you need to observe carefully while choosing a snow blower. Those features include one hand steering, heated hand grips, electric start, single lever chute adjustment, and headlights. One hand steering is required because it will make easy to make adjustments. When you have to clear a lot of snow during cold mornings heated hand grips will help you to survive in the cold. With the help of electric start, you can start a snow blower very easily and quickly. Most of them prefer it because it requires less effort and also it will save your time. Single lever chute adjustment is necessary to clear the snow more efficiently. You can easily change the direction of the snow blower with single lever chute adjustment. And finally, headlights are required during early mornings and late evenings.
So, these are the things that you need to consider before buying a Snow Blower. If you keep these things in mind, then you can definitely find the best snow blower for this winter.
9 Best Snow Blower Reviews
After so much of research, we have found the best 9 Snow Blowers in the market. Below, you can check the detailed information i.e. features of each snowblower along with its pros and cons.
1. Husqvarna ST224P 24 in. 208cc Two-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower Review
Husqvarna ST224P is two-stage snow blower with a 208cc engine. Some of the essential features of this snow blower are Power Steering, Electric Start, Remote Chute Rotator, etc. It offers the high performance and can easily clear out the large driveways during heavy winters. It is capable of shifting a large amount of snow quickly and easily. Husqvarna ST224P Snow Blower is easy to handle because of its high power, excellent features, and reliability. This model provides the clearing width of 24 inches. Most of it is similar to Husqvarna ST224 model, except power steering which provides the high power and reliability. Due to power steering, it can be handled easily even on steep slopes. This model is ideal for 2 to 12 inches of snow and works best in various snow conditions.
It comes with an electric start feature, with the help of which, you can easily start the snow blower without any extra effort. It has the bright LED headlights using which, you can clear the snow even in the dark. The heated hand grips are also available in this model and this feature will help you withstand the freezing winters. Along with all these features, one more advantage of this model is Remote Chute Rotator. This chute can rotate 180 degrees and has a remote defector which will help you clear the snow perfectly. Husqvarna ST224P is the highest rated product and the bestseller on Amazon. And also this model comes with 3-year limited warranty along with 5-year engine warranty. This is considered as the best two-stage snow blower based on its quality and performance.
- It includes the Power Steering feature which provides high power and reliability.
- More Versatile i.e. flexible to use.
- Easy to use and easy to handle even on steep slopes.
- Also, includes the Chute with a Remote deflector, which rotates 180 degrees.
- It is able to deal with 2 to 12 inches of snow.
- Suitable for most of the surfaces due to adjustable skid shoes.
- Has heated hand grips.
- Offers high quality and provides high performance.
- Comes with 3-year limited warranty along with 5-year engine warranty.
- Easy to operate.
- High price i.e. very expensive machinery.
- Big and heavy in terms of size.
- Noise levels are high.
- Requires high maintenance and you need to have the technical knowledge to maintain it perfectly.
2. Troy-Bilt Storm 2625 2-Stage Electric Start Gas Snow Blower Review
Troy-Bilt Storm 2625 is a two-stage gas snow blower. It uses an advanced 243cc 4-Cycle Electric Start OHV gas engine. It can shift the snow in a single pass. It can clear the snowy walkways or driveways up to 26-inches wide and 21-inches deep. This model has a chute which can be adjusted up to 200 degrees. With the help of chute, you can easily control the snow blower. Therefore, you can clear the snow more efficiently, simply by adjusting the chute and moving the snow blower in any direction. This model includes one hand control so that you make the adjustments easily without stopping or interrupting your work. It is capable of clearing a large amount of snow so you can use it in heavy winters. Troy-Bilt Storm 2625 is also the best snow blower with two-stage technology.
Troy-Bilt Storm 2625 Snow Blower is equipped with strong and durable X-Trac tires which makes it easy to move. You need to make only a little effort from your side to move it on any surface and the tires keep the machine grounded even on slippery or icy surfaces. In addition to this, it allows enough power and torque needed for climbing the hills and also for crossing the uneven terrain. It also includes few extra features such as headlights and adjustable skid shoes. Headlights are required when you have to work for early hours and late hours of the day. With adjustable skid shoes, you can move the snow blower on most of the surfaces. And skid shoes make sure that you don’t scrape gravel, rocks, and debris on your way. It consists of six forward speeds and two reverse speeds which allows you to choose the power you require. With this feature, you can adjust the power as per the requirement in different areas, where you want to clear the snow.
This model clears the driveways or walkways up to two feet wide.
- It is capable of clearing the snow up to 21 inches high.
- It has one hand control so that it is easy for you to make the adjustments.
- Its 15-inch tires hold the ground so you take off the snow more effectively.
- Has headlights and reversible skid shoes.
- It has six forward speeds and two reverse speeds for optimal control.
- It uses the advanced 4-cycle electric start engine.
- Requires more maintenance when compared with other models.
Its plastic chute feels fragile.
- It’s a space hog i.e. it occupies a lot of space in your garage or shed room.
3. Greenworks 2600502 20-inch 13 Amp Corded Snow Thrower Review
Greenworks 2600502 is the best snow blower when price/cost is considered. Most of the snow blowers are available for thousand dollars and more but this model is less than 200 dollars. This model has a 13-amp motor that is powerful enough to tackle the small jobs but it only works on 120 volts. Greenworks 2600502 is one of the lightest snow blowers and it is easy to use due to its less weight. It is designed in such a way that it is easy to handle. It has grab handles which allow us to handle the snow blower without any effort. And, it is easy to move it from one place to another place. Another advantage of this model is that it has a 20-inch clearing width which makes it quick and easy to clear the driveways or walkways. Therefore, Greenworks 2600502 is the best value product.
Greenworks 2600502 Snow Blower consists of a directional chute which can be adjusted up to 180 degrees. This adjustable chute will allow you to move the snow blower in any directions so that you can clear the snow more easily i.e. it makes snow throwing manageable. It is capable of clearing the snow up to 20 feet. This model performs well on flat and smooth surfaces. This snow blower features an electric starter switch with the help of which, you can easily start the snow blower. And, because it puts off no emissions, this model is environmentally friendly and protects you from inhaling toxins. Along with the pros, this model also has few cons. It is usual that lower-priced products have less quality when compared with higher priced products. The engine of this model is relatively weak and it also lacks the two-stage design. It can only take the snow up to 10 inches high and not more than that.
- This model is available for low price i.e. it is 90 percent cheaper than the most expensive models.
- It is lightweight and easy to use.
- It has an adjustable 180-degree directional chute which makes snow throwing manageable.
- It produces no emissions or harmful toxins so it is environmentally friendly.
- Requires less storage space.
- Clears the snow quickly and easily on flat surfaces.
- It consists of a 13-amp motor which is relatively weak when compared to gas models.
- This snow blower will not perform well on uneven terrain.
- Sometimes, it leaves a fair bit of snow on the ground.
- You must remain close to an electrical socket for power.
- It lacks self-propulsion technology.
4. Snow Joe Ultra SJ623E Electric Snow Blower Review
Snow Joe Ultra SJ623E is another budget-friendly single stage snow blower. This model is equipped with a 15-amp motor which has the capacity of throwing 720lbs of snow per minute. It has the clearing width of 18 inches, which is good enough to clear the snow easily from driveways or walkways. You can instantly start the snow blower using the electric start push button. It’s compact size and design make it easy to handle and use. This snow blower offers excellent power and performance. It has a scraper blade at the base of the unit, which smoothly removes the snow from driveways and walkways. It also includes a 20-watt halogen light which gives night-time visibility whenever you have to work in the dark. This model is ideal for clearing the snow from medium to large size driveways and walkways.
This snow blower consists of a 4-blade rotor, constructed of heavy-grade steel, which cuts a full 18-inch wide by a 10-inch deep swath of snow with a single pass. It has an adjustable chute which is used for controlling the direction of the snow blower. This chute can be rotated or adjusted up to 180 degrees. An on-board chute clean-out tool is included in this model, which will help you to clear the clogged chute caused during the event of snow jam. This snow blower is able to throw the snow up to 25 feet away in any direction and leaves the pavement clean and clear. Therefore, Snow Joe Ultra SJ623E is the best snow blower due to its superior power, maneuverability, and standard performance.
- No gas, oil or tune-ups make it effortless to start and maintain.
- Has a powerful 15-amp motor which can move 720 lbs of snow per minute.
- Safety switch button prevents accidental starting.
- Consists of a 4-blade steel auger which cuts 18 inches wide by 10 inches deep swath of snow in a single pass.
- Easy to use because of its convenient design and compact size.
- Has a 20-watt halogen light which provides the night-time visibility.
- Scraper blade at the base of the unit clears the pavement without any damage.
- Offers standard performance and excellent power.
- Includes a 180 degrees adjustable directional chute which throws the snow up to 25 feet.
- Compact wheels for easy maneuverability.
- Easy to maintain.
- It only works well with snow that is fluffy and dry.
- Cord management requires time to get used to.
- In case if the snow is very wet, it will clog the directional chute. However, it happens in rare conditions.
5. Briggs and Stratton 1696619 250cc Engine Electric Start Snow Thrower Review
Briggs and Stratton 1696619 is the dual stage snow thrower which is ideal for clearing moderate to heavy amount of snow from the driveways or walkways. This model has a 250cc engine with 11.5 foot-pounds of gross torque. Therefore, it delivers high performance and maximum power required for clearing the snow from the pavement. This snow blower features a 27-inch clearance width and a 20-inch intake height. This model includes an electric start push button with the help of which, you can start the snow blower without much effort. This equipment is made with a steel frame and includes a notched auger that can take on snow and ice with ease. The gearbox is also made of durable aluminum to ensure a long life. Briggs and Stratton 1696619 is durable and clears the snow more efficiently.
This model is easy to handle because of its free hand control. The freehand control allows you to operate the snow thrower with one hand while using the controls with your other hand. This feature will eliminate your efforts while operating the snow thrower. This snow blower consists of a steel reversible skid shoes which will help you plow the snow easily. You can easily maneuver this snow blower in any snow conditions. During heavy snow conditions, this snow blower uses its friction disc transmission system which will help you clear the snow effortlessly. It also has the dash mounted chute rotation. And, an on panel chute deflector is also available with which you can easily remove the unwanted snow from your lawn. Along with this features this snow blower has 14-inch by 4-inch tires and single LED headlights. Briggs and Stratton 1696619 comes with a 3-year limited warranty. This warranty is allowed for both the equipment and the engine.
- Easy to handle.
- Provides high reliability.
- Includes an electric start push button for effortless starting.
- Uses the friction disc transmission system which will help you clear the snow effortlessly even in heavy snow conditions.
- Has an on panel chute deflector to remove the unwanted snow on the pavement.
- Highly durable and ensures the long life.
- Provides 3-year limited warranty for both the equipment and the engine.
- Difficult to assemble.
- Heavy and big when compared with other models.
- Regular maintenance is required.
6. Snow Joe iON24SB-XR 40v Cordless Lithium-ion Snow Blower Review
Snow Joe iON24SB-XR is a dual stage snow blower. It is the world’s first snow blower to provide the power and performance of a convenient gas free, cord-free snow-shredding operation. It is a battery powered snow blower. It includes two 40 V (5.0 Ah) Eco Sharp rechargeable lithium-ion batteries which deliver up to 40 minutes of whisper-quiet runtime with zero carbon emissions for cleaner air. It has a powerful 2500 W brushless motor which increases its battery efficiency, maximizes the performance. It consists of a serrated steel auger which is capable of moving 1000 pounds of snow per minute. It features a 24 inches clearance width i.e. it clears the snow up to 24 inches wide. Also, it cuts the snow up to 13 inches deep in a single pass. The scraper blade at the base of the unit leaves the pavement clean without any damage to the surface.
This model starts instantly with a simple push of a button. It has an integrated push-button digital display which indicates the power and performance of iON at your fingertips. That is, the LEDs indicate the direction and speed selection simultaneously during the snow-shredding process. It consists of a self-propelled drive with three forward speeds and one reverse speed. It also has a 180 degrees adjustable chute which will let you throw the snow up to 32 feet. Using its two integrated 0.3 W LED headlights you can increase the visibility during the nighttime snow removal. And finally, Snow Joe iON24SB-XR snow blower is ideal for clearing the snow from large driveways and walkways. However, the runtime may vary based on the snow conditions.
- It is a battery-powered two-stage snow blower.
- Has a powerful 2500 W brushless motor which increases battery efficiency, maximizes motor performance, decreases noise and vibration and extends motor life.
- Eco-friendly due to the zero carbon emissions.
- Digital display puts the power of iON at your fingertips.
- Easy to use.
- Has reversible skid shoes.
- Dual 0.3-watt LED headlights increases visibility for safe nighttime clearing.
- You need to recharge the batteries constantly. So, clearing the snow for a long time can be bit difficult.
- The dual LED headlights are not very powerful. However, it is somewhat useful in the dark.
- Low quality and less durability.
- Features no neutral gear so sometimes the wheel may be blocked due to heavy snow.
7. Ariens Snow-Tek 24 in. Electric Start Gas Snow Blower Review
The Ariens Sno-Tek 24 in. is a dual stage electric start gas snow blower. It has a powerful 208cc engine which delivers the great performance. This powerful snow blower features the steel augers and a 3-blade impeller with which you can clear the snow more efficiently. Its multiple speeds help you to clear the snow even on uneven terrain. It has six forward speeds and two reverse speeds which allows you to adjust the power required to throw the snow in different conditions. It has a 24-inch clearance width and a 20-inch intake height. So, you can easily clear the large driveways and walkways with this snow blower. And it also has a 205-degree quick-turn chute with a remote deflector, which lets you throw the snow in whichever direction you want. It includes the interlocking control levers which allow one-hand operation so that you can adjust the chute without stopping the work.
The maximum throwing distance of this snow blower is 40 ft. The 11 inches serrated, all-steel augers pull the snow into the blower and 12 inches 3-blade impeller provides the driving force to discharge the snow. It can also be used in heavy snow conditions. It is made of metal but the rust-resistant exterior ensures the long lasting life. It has the reversible skid shoes which help you adjust the height of the snow blower when working on uneven terrains. Its ergonomic handle will provide you the comfortable grip. A push-button electric start is available for simple ignition. With this snow blower, you can handle a variety of snow conditions with an ease. Ariens Sno-Tek 24 in. dual stage electric start gas snow blower comes with a 2-year limited warranty. Therefore, Ariens Snow-Tek 24 in. dual stage electric start gas snow blower is easy to use and removes the snow efficiently.
- Provides powerful performance.
- Has a 24-inch clearance width and a 20-inch intake height.
- Throwing distance up to 40 ft.
- Interlocking control levers allows one hand operation.
- Push-button electric start for simple ignition
- Can handle a variety of snow conditions.
- Removes the snow efficiently.
- Ideal for clearing the large driveways and walkways.
- Using Reversible skid shoes, you can clear the snow even from uneven terrain.
- Comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
- Lacks the headlight.
- Heavy and big in size.
- Reverse gear can be slow.
8. Poulan PRO PR241 Gas Powered Snow Blower Review
Poulan PRO PR241 is a dual stage snow blower which uses a two-step process to clear the snow from the pavement. It has a powerful 208cc engine which is highly durable and designed to withstand the harsh and heavy winters. Its convenient features make it easy to use and operate. Starting the unit is simple, you just need to plug it in and push the electric start button. It has the powerful ribbon augers which break through snow and ice and move it back into the impeller blades which then push the snow up and out of the chute. With the help of remote chute and deflector controls, you can easily direct the snow in whichever direction you want. This model is ideal for clearing the snow from large paved areas, driveways, and sidewalks.
It features a 24 inches clearance width and 23 inches intake height. Therefore, you can quickly remove the snow from the pavement. Poulan PRO PR241 Snow Blower also has a friction disc drive system with six forward speeds and one reverse speed. These speeds allow you to adjust the speed of the blower unit in different snow conditions. The maximum throwing distance is 45 ft, which is good enough to throw the adequate amount of snow in less time. It is equipped with 13-inch by 4-inch tires and high traction treads which perfectly cuts the heavy snow. Poulan PRO PR241 is easy to use and clears the efficiently. Poulan PRO PR241 comes with 2-year limited warranty and 4-year engine warranty.
- Has a powerful 208cc engine which is highly durable and designed to withstand the harsh winters.
- Features a 24 inches clearance width and 23 inches intake height.
- Uses friction disc drive system.
- Throws the snow far away i.e. up to 45 ft.
- Can handle easily in any snow condition.
- Has the powerful ribbon augers and impeller blades which efficiently clears the snow from the pavement.
- Remote chute and deflector controls allow you to direct the snow where you want.
- Consists of an electric start push button for fast reliable starting.
- Easy to assemble.
- Lacks the headlight.
- Power Steering is not available.
- Features only a single reverse speed. So, it can perform slowly in the reverse direction.
- Requires extra maintenance.
9. Troy-bilt Squall 2100 21-in Single-Stage Gas Snow Blower Review
Troy-Bilt Squall 2100 is powered by a 208cc 4-cycle OHV electric start engine. It quickly starts with a simple push-button electric start. It is ideal for clearing the large areas of snow. In a single pass, it clears the snowy driveways and walkways up to 21 inches wide and 13 inches deep. Its compact size makes it easy to handle. It uses the single stage technology and clears the snow quickly and efficiently. It features an ergonomic handle for comfortable grip and a foldable handle for easy storage. It has the ultimate drift cutters which remove the snow easily. It consists of a polymer chute with a 2-way remote chute control and it can be adjusted or rotated up to 190 degrees for efficient snow displacement.
Troy-Bilt Squall 2100 Snow Blower has a clearing width of 21 inches which lets you clear the large driveways and walkways perfectly. Also, this snow blower can easily tackle the wet and slushy snow. It features one forward speed but it lacks the reverse speed. Snow removal is quick and easy because its clearance width is 21 inches and intake height is 13 inches. It has the throwing distance of 30 ft. Therefore, it is capable of throwing the snow in any direction up to 30 ft. This model lacks the headlight, so it will be difficult for you to use this Troy Bilt snow blower in the dark. Troy-Bilt Squall 2100 comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
- Has a powerful 208cc 4-cycle engine.
- Its compact size makes it easy to use and handle.
- Quick and easy start with an electric start push-button.
- Has a polymer chute with a 2-way remote chute control of 190 degrees rotation which allows the quick snow displacement.
- Easy to store.
- Well designed auger which cleans the snow efficiently.
- Comes with a 2-year limited warranty.
- It doesn’t remove the wet snow and ice efficiently.
- Wheels are not sturdy.
- Needs an extra pass during the harsh and heavy winter conditions.
- Doesn’t perform well on uneven surfaces.
- Not ideal for the heavy snow.
- Lacks the headlight.
We hope that this information related to the snow blowers has helped you a lot. Now, you can easily choose the best snow blower suitable for you. All snow blowers don’t work in the same way so you just need to be careful while choosing it. Here in this post, we have listed the 10 Snow Blower reviews. Read those reviews carefully and we would be glad if anything comes out useful to you this winter. Apart from this 10 snow blowers, there are so many models in the market. We just suggest you, to buy a snow blower which fulfills your need and also the one available for your budget. If you have any questions related to this post you can ask us, through the comments.