When it comes to gardening equipment, a leaf blower is one that is often overlooked, in spite of its importance. Having the best leaf blower is essential because it is going to make cleanup in the yard or driveway a lot easier. Whether it is during autumn or after mowing, with a leaf blower, you do not need a rake and you do not need to do things manually.
Looking for a leaf blower is not an easy task. For this reason, we have curated this guide to provide you with short leaf blower reviews and insights on some factors that can be taken into account to differentiate one option from the other.
Top 8 Best Leaf Blower Reviews
1. Toro 51619 Ultra Electric Leaf Blower Vacuum Review
One of the best things about this model is the fact that it is multifunctional. You will essentially have three-in-one product – leaf blower, vacuum, and shredder. It can be converted from one function to another in a snap and without requiring tools. With this, it will definitely be an excellent investment to make gardening and cleaning the lawn a lot easier for you. It also comes with variable speed control. At its maximum, it can deliver speed of up to 250 mph, which is one of the highest within the product category. It is integrated with a metal impeller, which is one of the reasons why it is powerful.
- Durable Metal Impeller
- Sensitive Power Switch
- Hard to Handle at Maximum Speed
2. Black & Decker BV5600 High-Performance Leaf Blower Review
Brand name in itself can already provide you with a good reason to have this leaf blower chosen above other models. It comes with a 12-amp motor and a maximum air speed of 250 mph, making it one of the most powerful within the product category. It is also multifunctional as you can use it not only as a leaf lower, but also as a mulcher and vacuum. Another good thing is that you can switch from one function to another without the use of any tool. To add, with noise level of only 68 dBA, it is going to operate without making an annoying noise.
- Operates Quietly
- Heavy-duty Construction
- Inferior Bag
- A Bit Heavy
3. GreenWorks 24322 Digipro G-MAX 40V Cordless Leaf Blower Vacuum Review
This product does not only function as a leaf blower, but can also be used as a vacuum, making it multipurpose. It is a cordless model and powered by a 40-volt lithium ion battery, which is perfect for small tasks. The battery has a 60-minute runtime. It is also user-friendly, with features like push button start and lightweight body. It also provides the highest level of comfort for the users as it does not create a loud noise and the vibrations are also lesser compared to other models, especially those that run through gas.
- Handles Different Leaves
- Works in Different Terrains
- Minimal Battery Life
- Can Be Flimsy
4. Black & Decker LSW36 40V Lithium Ion Cordless Sweeper Review
This leaf blower is powered by a 40-volt lithium ion battery, which is known for being longer-lasting and charging quicker compared to conventional batteries. It has 120-mph air speed, which is a bit lesser than standard models, making it ideal only for small-scale applications. It weighs only 4.7 pounds, making it lightweight. This will make it easy to hold the leaf blower, even for an extended period. It also produces low noise level and lesser vibration, which is most probably because of the soft-grip handle, making it effortless to hold.
- Low Noise
- Charges Quickly
- Lacks Power
5. Makita BHX2500CA Handheld Leaf Blower Review
This leaf blower is powered by a 4 stroke commercial duty-engine, which is perfect if you are looking for a product that is ideal for small-scale applications. Its maximum air speed is 145 miles per hour, which is a bit lower compared to most within the product category. It is easier to start compared to most gas-powered models. It also produces lesser noise and fewer emissions. At only 67 decibels. It is quieter than its direct competitors. When it comes to comfort, it does not also fail to deliver a high level of satisfaction, especially because it does not produce a lot of vibrations.
- Low Noise
- Soft Grip
- Lower Emissions
- A Bit Heavy
- Not for Demanding Tasks
6. Toro 51621 UltraPlus Leaf Blower Vacuum Review
This product is more than just a leaf blower. It can also be used as a vacuum and shredder, making it multi-purpose. It even comes with an oscillating nozzle kit. It is integrated with a powerful motor, which can provide maximum air speed of 250 mph. This corded leaf blower comes with variable speed control, which can be adjusted in a snap. It also has a metal impeller and has the ability to mulch debris at reduced sizes. To make it user-friendly, it is not only straightforward to operate, but it is also easy to store and comes with built-in cord lock.
- Powerful Performance
- Easy to Use
- Cord Lock
- Operates Quietly
- A Bit Heavy
- Can be Restrictive
7. Hitachi RB24EAP Gas Powered Handheld Leaf Blower Review
Power meets comfort – this is perhaps the best way to describe this gas-powered lawn mower. Its power is derived from its 23.9 cc 2-cycle engine, which has the ability to produce a maximum air velocity of 170 miles per hour and air volume of 441 cubic feet per minute. It weighs only 8.6 pounds, making it lightweight, and hence, easy to handle even for extended period of operations. It also comes with two-finger throttle and auto return stop switch, both of which also contributes into making it user-friendly. The best thing is that even if it runs through gas, it produces lower emission as against competing models.
- Few Emissions
- Limited Functionality
- Creates Loud Noise
8. Husqvarna 350BT 965877502 Backpack Leaf Blower Review
If you are searching for a leaf blower that can prove to be powerful, this model will make a great choice. This comes with an X-Torq engine, which does not only provide a powerful performance, but also improves fuel economy and lessens the emission by as much as 60% compared to its competitors. It has a backpack harness system, making it easy to handle, as against those that are handheld. To provide versatility, there is an adjustable handle. The harness can also be adjusted based on what will be most comfortable for you.
- Minimal Vibrations
- Adjustable Handle
- High Blowing Capacity
- Fuel Efficient
- Loud Noise
Essential Factors to Consider
In this section, we will have a quick look at some of the most important things that should be taken into account to help you choose the best leaf mower.
- Electric: In the case of this blower, there is a cord that should be plugged to a power source. This can be excellent in terms of power, can produce minimal noise, and has no emissions, but the problem is that your movements can be limited based on the length of the cord.
- Battery: This is the best when it comes to portability. It is amongst the lightest leaf blowers. However, it is important to make sure that the battery will hold charge for a long time and should be also quick to charge.
- Gas: If you are looking for a leaf blower that is powerful, there is no doubt that this is the best power source. However, the problem with this is that it can produce loud noise and it also produces fumes.
Comfort will also be crucial in your search for the best leaf blower. In this case, the following are some of the most important things that deserve your attention:
- Noise: Obviously, the better choice is a leaf blower that produces minimal noise, which means that it is not going to be disruptive in any way.
- Handle: The design of the handle will also be a primary consideration. It should have a soft-grip, making it easy to hold.
- Weight: If you have a slim body frame and if you have a large yard or driveway, it would be best to choose a lightweight model, which can be handled easily.
- Vibration: It is also crucial to look for a model that has dampening effect in order to lessen vibration, which will also minimize fatigue.
The following are some of the factors that will be indicative of how versatile the leaf blower is:
- Adjustable Speed: To be in control with the use of leaf blower, it is important that you will be able to easily change the speed from one setting to another. This will make it easy to use the unit based on what the task requires.
- Multiple Functionalities: Some of the models of leaf blowers can be also used a vacuum and shredder. This is an excellent choice as you can enjoy multiple uses in just one product.
Other Factors to Consider
Aside from those that have been mentioned above, the following should be also given attention:
- Miler-per-Hour: This is going to refer to the speed that exits the unit, which is going to be indicative of the power of the leaf blower.
- Cubic-feet-per-minute: This is another technical specification that will be indicative of power. This will refer to the volume of the air that moves. A higher figure means that the leaf blower is more powerful.
- Maintenance: It is highly-recommended that you choose one that requires minimal maintenance. This means that the leaf blower will last long without requiring too much effort on your end.
From the things that have been discussed above, including the short leaf blower reviews, we hope that it is now easier for you to decide which one is best. At the end of the day, keep in mind that price alone is not enough basis for making a decision. To choose the best leaf blower, you need to be responsible enough to do your research, seek feedbacks, and see what makes one product better than all others within the competition.