The source of power for a lawn mower makes all the difference when it comes to portability and the amount of effort you must put to drive it. A corded or cordless electric lawn mower is a winner in many ways. If you have a small to medium-size lawn, choosing the corded design will be fine.
The cordless model that uses battery power to run is ideal for a large-sized lawn, as you do not have to worry about how far the cord spreads. There are many manufacturers of electrically-powered mower. So you can expect different products to have unique features. But one thing is similar: all electric mowers are clean and non-pollutants.
They are also quieter and are three-in-one (have bagging, mulching and side-discharging system). Note that the corded styles can only be as powerful as the electric current they are drawing from the power outlet. Cordless, battery-powered models start easily at the press of a switch.
As long as the battery is full of charge they can mow for as long as you want. But most brands do not offer fast-charging batteries and so you may have to wait 24 hours to finish re-charging your battery.
TOP 3 Best GreenWorks Electric Lawn Mower Reviews
1. Greenworks 25022 12 Amp Corded 20-inch Lawn Mower Review
If you need a corded electric lawn mower that is so powerful, the GreenWorks 25022 is a must choose. Consisting of a twelve-Amp Electric Motor, this equipment is able to mow through the roughest grass. It has a twenty-inch steel cutting deck that speeds up the mowing task.
Additionally, the GreenWorks 25022 is a three-in-1(has a bagging, mulching and side-discharging system) lawn mower with many grass clippings cutting options. The seven position height adjustment system lets you change cutting heights from 1 ½ inch to 3 ¾ inch.
This adjustment systems works for all types of grass. The ten-inch wide rear wheels and 7-inch front wheels facilitates movement and speedy mowing.
- GreenWorks 25022 is a very powerful corded lawn mower with a 12 ampere electric motor.
- Being a light weight mower, this GreenWorks is easy to drive and mow with.
- The model 25022 is a durable mower with no cheap plastic construction.
- Offers a 7 position height adjustment that lets you choose the height your grass will finally have.
- Some people are slightly disappointed in the wider wheels because it reduces the equipment’s cutting path. So it becomes harder to get very close to the things being cut.
2. Greenworks 25142 10 Amp Corded 16-inch Lawn Mower Review
This equipment has a 10 ampere electric motor that transmits more than enough power to cut through tough grass.
The GreeenWorks 25142 model offers a sixteen-inch wide cutting path, which can be considered narrower than that offered by most full-size mowers.
Unlike other models from GreenWorks, the 25142 is a 2-in-1, meaning that it has mulching and rear discharging capabilities.
It also offers a 5 position height adjustment that lets you can grass from five-eight-inch to two-and-five-eight-inch.
The model can trim grass of any texture and moves smoothly and powerfully on 7-inch rear wheels and 6-inch front wheels.
- This electric lawn mower is smaller-sized and light weight, making it easy to transport and store.
- Having a narrower deck than most GreenWorks’ models, the 25142 is able to cut around obstacles better than wider-decked styles.
- As it is quieter and vibrates less, this electric lawn mower is more preferable than the noisy gas mowers.
- The handle provides a soft-padded grip with adjustable height and is also easily foldable.
- Not ideal for larger yards because of the narrower cutting deck.
- Offers a limited capacity grass catcher bag.
- You need an extension cord that is long enough to access all areas being mowed.
3. Greenworks 25302 20-inch Cordless Lawn Mower Review
The 25302 Twin Force G-Max models are among the top cordless electric mowers sold by GreenWorks. It uses a G-Max forty volts Li-Ion battery system. This system has two batteries and a charger. The twenty-inch cutting deck offers a wider cutting path than some models from GreenWorks. It is also easily maneuvered, qualifying as the most reliable lawn mower for medium-sized yards. The innovative Smart Cut technology enables the machine to adjust to power, or running time, based on how bushy the grass is. The double blades on this equipment enhance the quality of the cut as well as mulching and bagging capabilities. Finally, there is an automatic battery switchover that draws energy from an option B battery when the first option battery’s power is depleted.
- This is small, lightweight equipment that is easily maneuvered around small places.
- The wide height adjustment range lets you choose how tall you want your trimmed lawn to be.
- It is quieter than most lawn mowers of the same caliber.
- It is easy to use and in five minutes it will be ready to cut grass.
- Some users are happy with battery life, claiming that they use it three to four times after charging once.
- Except for the fragile handle connection found at the base of the equipment, most users are so happy with the 25302 Twin Force.
How To Choose An GreenWorks Electric Lawn Mower
When it comes to the choice of a great GreenWorks electric lawn mower, you must reflect on a number of factors. By so doing you will end up purchasing the most appropriate mowing equipment for your grass types. Factors to consider include:
Wheel drive version – A lawn mower that only has a front-wheel drive are cheaper and less effective when it comes to turning or cutting tough turf spots. Rear wheels grip the ground firmly, offering unequalled traction and maneuverability.
Speed settings – You will mostly have either variable or fixed speed settings. We would suggest choosing the variable speed mower because it will be able to change speed based on your mowing tasks. It is also possible to achieve a more precise and even cut.
Starting options – Some electric models use the recoil start method while others use an electric start method. With the recoil start method, you pull a rope or cord to rotate the engine so it can start. Electric versions do not need any pulling to start working.
Wash-out port – This part is usually placed on the mower’s deck and it facilitates cleaning and maintenance of the equipment. A hose should be attached to the port and then turned on. This will remove all trapped grass clippings from the inner sides of the deck and blades and leave it as nice as new.
Bail – This is the starting bar which is pressed when one is mowing their lawn. As soon as the bail/bar is released, the engine will shut off instantly. This is a great feature because you can release it when you meet an obstacle that needs to be removed. Some high-tech lawn mowers use a bail that does not shut down the engine totally. There is a blade override system that prevents it from stopping totally.
GreenWorks Electric lawn mowers are developed for small, medium-sized and big yards. But you need to pick the right model based on the size of your yard. If you a small to medium size yard, you can choose either the corded or cordless lawn mower. On the other hand, if you have a large yard, you should buy the cordless machine. This uses battery and can be pushed to where you want without worrying about the length of the cord. Electrically powered lawn mowers are most recommended products to buy. They do not cause noise or air pollution.
They also use electricity which you already have in your home, which may be already set to attain the highest level of energy efficiency. We have recommended three products as well, that we personally have experimented with. After that you we have shared a number of factors to consider when buying an electric lawn mower. We would like you to focus on the quality of a lawn mower rather than cheap prices. Useless products will be very cheap yet will break down very quickly and you will be back to the shops. Although gas and reel counterparts are there, none can match the electric version in terms of ease of use and other things.