For many people, searching for the best chainsaw on the market can be a daunting task. It can be overwhelming, especially because of the abundance of the options that are available. Nonetheless, this should not be an excuse to decide in haste. You should consult with chainsaw reviews in order to differentiate the options that are available.
If you are clueless about which one to choose, this guide can help you. We will have a quick look at some of the best options available and we will also tackle some of the essential considerations when choosing the best.
Table of Contents
Top-Rated 8 Best Chainsaw Reviews
1. GreenWorks 20312 16-Inch 40V Cordless Chainsaw Review
The DigiPro brushless motor of this chainsaw is perhaps one of its best features, allowing it to deliver powerful performance. Compared to the traditional models that are available, the manufacturer claims that it has 30% more torque, which results into greater power and efficiency. It also produces less vibration and noise. The unit is well-designed and ergonomic, prioritizing the comfort of its users. It is powered by a 4AH battery, which can be fully charged in just about two hours and can withstand up to 100 cuts. When it comes to safety, it is also going to be hard to rival, as it has features like low kickback and chain brake.
- Operates Quietly
- Safe to Operate
- Easy to Maintain
- Poor Battery Life
- Not Built for Big Jobs
2. Black and Decker LCS1240 40V 12-Inch Cordless Chainsaw Review
The mere fact that this chainsaw is made by Black and Decker is already one good reason to have it chosen above all others. It is a battery-operated model, which will offer the highest level of convenience because it is cordless. It is powered by a 40-volt Max Lithium-Ion battery, as well as a charge indicator, letting you know if there is a need to have it recharged. It offers tool-free tensioning, automatic oiling mechanism, and low kickback. From cutting performance to safety, this can indeed prove to be impressive in more ways than one.
- Easy to Start
- Excellent Cuts
- Minimal Maintenance
- Limited Capacity
- Not for Heavy Duty Cutting
3. Black & Decker LP1000 Lopper Chain Saw Review
With 4.5-amp motor and innovative clamping jaws, this is another model that can prove to be exceptional. It has heavy-duty construction, making sure that it is going to withstand continuous use even for a prolonged period. It is user-friendly, including the chain adjustments. Handling the unit will also be easy because of its ergonomic handle. Since it is an electric chainsaw, you can expect that there are no fumes and no annoying sound. Nonetheless, being electric can also a limitation as it means that it should be plugged when being operated.
- No Slippage
- Durable Construction
- Operates Quietly
- Compact Design
- Small Oil Well
- Electrical Powered
4. EGO Power+ 14-Inch 56-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless ChainSaw Review
As a battery-operated chainsaw, one of the best things about this model is that it is good for the environment. It does not create toxic emissions and it does not produce a loud noise. It comes with a brushless motor, which is one of the reasons why its performance is going to be hard to rival. When it comes to being user-friendly, you have another good reason to choose this. One of the reasons for the latter is the push button start. There is a 5 Ah battery, which will guarantee its dependable performance. Lastly, the manufacturer offers five-year warranty.
- No Vibration
- Requires Regular Charging
- Not for Professional Tasks
5. Tanaka TCS33EDTP/14 14-Inch Top Handle Chain Saw Review
Power and performance are two of the reasons why this model is going to be an excellent choice. It is powered by a 32.2cc Pure Fire Engine. The latter allows it to be reliable even in the toughest applications. It also has side access tensioning, making it easy to have the chain adjusted depending on what the situation necessitates. More than just its engine, it has also been given favorable feedbacks because it comes with a well-balanced design, making it easy to handle. When it comes to warranty, it is also impressive. It has 7-year consumer warranty, 2-year commercial warranty, and 1-year rental warranty.
- Well-Balanced Design
- Easy to Start
- Controlled Emissions
- Extensive Consumer Warranty
- Costly to Maintain
- A Bit Loud
6. Dewalt DCCS690H1 40V Lithium Ion Gas-Powered Chainsaw Review
With this model, you will be able to enjoy the convenience of a cordless chainsaw and the power of a gas-powered chainsaw. It is powered by a lithium ion rechargeable battery, which can perform up to 70 cuts within one full charge. Even when it is stored, the battery will not lose its charge. For safety, it comes with built-in chain brake. It is user-friendly and it requires minimal maintenance. Some of the features that make the latter possible include tool-free tensioning and automatic oiling system. Regardless of what you will need to cut, you can expect this chainsaw to be exceptional in terms of its performance.
- Minimal Maintenance
- Powerful Motor
- Easy Chain Adjustment
- Adjustable Speed
- Limited Length of Use
- Snagged Chain
7. Worx WG304.1 18-Inch Chainsaw Review
For budget-conscious buyers who would still like to emphasize quality, this is going to be one of the best choices that can be taken into consideration. It comes with a 4-horspower and 15-amp motor, providing it with the capability to handle a wide array of cutting tasks. It also does not produce harmful emissions and loud noise as it is powered by electricity. It can be operated in a manner that is hassle-free and comfortable. For your safety, it is designed with a built-in safety brake, allowing the unit to automatically stop its operations once an improper contact has been made.
- No Emissions
- Operates Quietly
- Fast Cutting Time
- Affordable Price
- Awkward to Handle
- Lacks Portability
8. Husqvarna 460 Rancher 24 Inch Gas Chainsaw Review
This chainsaw is powered by a 60.3cc X-Torq motor that has been designed to offer a wealth of benefits, such as efficient fuel consumption and longer lifespan. It also has 3-piece crank shaft, which is another reason why it is durable. The standard warranty is two years, but it can be extended to four years as long as you register online. It is designed to produce lesser vibration than conventional gas-powered models. It is also excellent as it requires minimal maintenance, while providing you with peace of mind regarding its long-term quality and functionality.
- Reduced Vibration
- Ergonomic Design
- Efficient Fuel Consumption
- Easy to Maintain
- A Bit Heavy
- Issues with Chain
Essential Factors to Consider
To make a decision that you will not regret, make sure to pay attention to the factors that will be mentioned below:
- Source of Power: You can choose a chainsaw that is powered by gas, battery, or electricity. One of the problems with gas-powered chainsaw is that they can produce emission and they are often loud, but they are hard to rival in terms of power. Electric models can also be powerful, but your movements will be limited based on the length of the cord. Battery-powered chainsaws, meanwhile, can be impressive in terms of portability, but their length of use can be limited based on the charge capacity of the battery.
- Safety: This is especially true if you are a beginner. One thing that can be helpful is to have an automatic stop feature when it recognizes an unfamiliar object. Make sure that it is stable and well-balanced as well, which is vital in terms of safe handling. Pay attention to the instructions from the manufacturer to know how it can be operated safely. You should also wear the right safety gear when you are using the chainsaw.
- Comfort: Using a chainsaw can be uncomfortable, especially for an extended period of time. It is important to choose one that is lightweight, making it effortless to have it handled. There should also be an ergonomic grip. Look for one that has anti-vibration feature, which will be effective in the reduction of fatigue that you can feel. Noise that is produced must also be kept at minimum.
- Maintenance: It is important to keep the chainsaw well-maintained so that you can extend its functional life. Choose one that will require minimal effort in terms of maintenance. Automatic oiling is one of the best features making it possible to lubricate the chains when needed without having to do it manually. An air cleaning feature will also help, making it possible to prolong the life of the filters.
- Warranty: This is going to be reflective of the confidence of the manufacturer about the quality of their product. Choose one model that comes with an extensive warranty. This means that the manufacturer can have them repaired without any cost on your end, as long as you follow the terms and conditions that have been specified.
Do not make the mistake of choosing just any chainsaw. Refer to the factors that we have mentioned above and the models that we have recommended. For sure, there will be a higher likelihood that you will end up choosing the best chainsaw. At all times, keep in mind that price alone is not sufficient basis. Take a look at the technical specifications, what other people are saying, and innovative features, among other things.